- To preserve, promote and administer the garden where WUU members may have their ashes placed.
Membership and Meetings:
- The committee is comprised of volunteers.
- The committee will choose a chairperson to serve for a term of one year. The committee may select additional officers as necessary.
- The committee will select and recommend to the WUU Board a WUU voting member to serve as Garden Secretary for a term of three years.
- There is no limit to the number of terms that may be served by members and officers of the committee, or by the Garden Secretary.
- The committee will meet at least semi-annually. Meetings will be open to attendance by WUU members.
Duties and Responsibilities – Memorial Meditation Garden Committee:
- To inform and invite the congregation, on a continuing basis, to use the garden.
- To assist in the design and enhancement of the garden (i.e., choosing plantings, fixtures, plaques).
- To work with the Grounds Committee in maintaining the beauty and health of the garden.
- To use garden funds as available and needed for replacement or substitution of plantings, garden fixtures, or other garden-related materials.
Duties and Responsibilities – Garden Secretary:
- To serve as principal point of contact for those wishing to memorialize or be memorialized.
- To receive from the WUU Administrator a record of each payment for a memorial plaque or donation to the garden.
- To receive and record applications for memorials, and to maintain a register of both current and planned interments and memorial plaques.
- To work with the families to design memorial pages in the Memory Book.
- To maintain the Memorial Book.
- To work with families and the Minister to organize memorial ceremonies as requested.
Memorial Meditation Garden Policy (pdf), Updated August 2009