Title: Preschool Assistant
Reports To: Director of Religious Education
- Two hours each Sunday during regular congregational calendar year (Second Sunday in September to second Sunday in June).
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Application Materials should be sent to Preschool Hiring Committee c/o Williamsburg Unitarian Universalists at 3051 Ironbound Rd., Williamsburg, VA 23185. No phone calls, please.
Mindful of the program goals of Lifespan Faith Development at Williamsburg Unitarian Universalists, we seek a candidate for the part-time role of Preschool Assistant.
Successful candidates will demonstrate
- Integrity and ability to satisfactorily pass a background check
- Reliably prepare for and lead second service (currently 11:15 AM) classes during the regular congregational calendar
- Orient and schedule WUU volunteers working with preschool
- Create and maintain safe atmosphere for preschool aged children
- Work with DRE to envision programming and coordinate logistics
- Create and maintain positive attitude
- Desire to build relationships with parents and children
- Maintain communications with families
- Positive familiarity with or desire to learn about Unitarian Universalism
- Respect for Unitarian Universalist principles, support of the WUU mission, and willingness to enter into a covenantal relationship with other staff members
Rate of pay:
$18 per hour, two hours each Sunday during regular congregational calendar year (Second Sunday in September to May).
Reports to Director of Religious Education.
Equal Opportunity Employer