Title: Preschool Assistant
Reports To: Director of Religious Education
- Two hours each Sunday during regular congregational calendar year (Second Sunday in September to second Sunday in June).
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Application Materials should be sent to Preschool Hiring Committee c/o Williamsburg Unitarian Universalists at 3051 Ironbound Rd., Williamsburg, VA 23185.
NB: There is currently another position, that of Nursery and Childcare Coordinator, which could be combined with this position depending on skills and desire of applicants. LINK
Mindful of the program goals of Lifespan Faith Development at Williamsburg Unitarian Universalists, we seek a candidate for the part-time role of Preschool Assistant.
Successful candidates will demonstrate
- Integrity and ability to satisfactorily pass a background check
- Reliably prepare for and lead second service (currently 11:15 AM) classes during the regular congregational calendar
- Orient and schedule WUU volunteers working with preschool
- Create and maintain safe atmosphere for preschool aged children
- Work with DRE to implement curriculum and coordinate logistics
- Maintain communications proactively with families upon child pickup
- Has positive attitude
- Desire to build relationships with parents and children
- Respect for Unitarian Universalist principles, support of the WUU mission, and willingness to enter into a covenantal relationship with other staff members
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Knowledge of Unitarian Universalism a plus
Rate of pay:
$20 per hour, two hours each Sunday during regular congregational calendar year (Second Sunday in September to June).
Reports to Director of Religious Education.
Equal Opportunity Employer
People with disabilities, people of color, Hispanic/Latinx, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply. Williamsburg Unitarian Universalists is committed to developing a diverse and talented staff team. If you are excited about this role, but are unsure whether you meet 100% of the requirements, we encourage you to inquire and/or apply.